|April 16, 2012||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Surveys|
HEY friends! I hope you’ve had an amazing weekend!
I have spent most of the last few days sitting on my butt downing flu medicine like it’s my job, doing my best to get over this darn chest cold! I have my GOAL race in a week’s time, and I need to be 100% healthy for it! I am definitely paying the price for my smart move earlier this week when I raced, and then did a tough track session in the cold the next day…seriously I think the common sense gene missed me altogether! Anyways, I’m starting to feel like I’m almost back to normal, and hopefully full training resumes tomorrow!
Thankfully whilst I’ve been parked on the couch I’ve had some great company…
….some great reads…
…and some great catch-up time!
Anyway, I’m a sucker for a good survey thingy, and so I’m stealing this one from the lovely Chelsey. If only I could steal her hair too…
1. When a cashier in the checkout line at the grocery store is being a grump for no reason, how do you typically react?
I don’t think I’ve ever been in this situation, but when in doubt, I laugh. That is what I do in any awkward/strange situation when I don’t know how else to react! Sure, it usually makes the awkward situation more awkward, but what can you do!
2. Are you the type that likes going out with your girlfriends or staying in?
Well my girlfriends love spending time with me, but not the other way around…
I joke, spending time with my friends is one of my favourite things! I am so blessed to have so many people I love in my life…my classmates, my teammates, my church friends, my music friends…I love them all!
my string quintet friends!
But I do love a good night in with Buddy watching Criminal Minds too
3. Do you sob and get emotional watching romance movies?
Nope, I am weird and have never cried at a movie. Real life, sure, but at movies? Nope.
4. What stresses you out the most?
I don’t know…I’m a pretty chilled person most of the time! Maybe running? It’s funny, because it’s a destresser for me when I’m DOING it, but I can stress out a bit before races or hard workouts, and I worry that I won’t meet my own expectations! As soon as I get going though, I relax:)
5. What do you think people think of you?
Probably that I’m a bit crazy. That’s the general feeling I get from the looks I receive anyway…
7. Are you easily annoyed?
Nope, I don’t think so! Unless I’m hungry and/or hormonal, in which case steer clear. Or if someone sticks a camera in my face. I am not a fan of close-ups.
See, not a fan. Attractive.
8. What do you think is your biggest personality flaw?
I feel that I am too selfish. I need to take more time to help others and stop focusing on myself so much!
9. What is one thing you don’t think people see enough of when it comes to your personality?
Haha at this point in my life I am pretty open, so I don’t ‘hide’ anything!
10. Can you feel relaxed in a busy crowd or messy room?
Heck yes. My momma always used to say to me that I am “so laid back that I am practically vertical”! I love busy crowds, and I am a seriously messy person, so I’d definitely be relaxed in both!
So now it’s your turn…
Which do you like more: going out with friends or staying in? Well I have spent the last few days IN so I am ready to go out!!
What have you been up to this weekend?!
When is your next race? Sunday Sunday Sunday! I am so excited!! I have been looking forward to this race since I crossed the finish line of it this time last year!
Have an amazing week friends! <3
|January 22, 2012||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Surveys|
Happy weekend!! Hope you’re all having a great one! Mine has been amazing so far, and I’ll do a full recap tomorrow! In the meantime, I love these survey thingies, and so when I saw this one on Chelsey’s blog, I knew I had to do it!
1) What is one of your favourite ways to spend a Saturday?
My perfect Saturday includes running, spending time with friends and family, and eating (slightly undercooked) brownies.
2) List your top three favourite TV shows.
Honestly, I don’t watch a lot of TV, but when I do, it is almost always:
- Criminal Minds
- Downton Abbey
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
Personally, I’d rather photobomb.
Honestly, I know everyone chooses the taking them option (also, saying you like being in them more sounds…vain almost?), but I do love seeing pictures of myself from over the years. I love looking back on different times and events in my life and reminiscing!
4) Why do you blog?
Because I really love sharing my passion with others and ‘meeting’ people who share it!
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
Looking this up right now for accuracy…
- Running Times
- Runners World
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be?
Sorry friends, I would say you guys, but Paula Radcliffe and Shalane Flanagan just win it here!
7) List a few of your favourite snacks.
- peanut butter and anything
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind?
My six year old Miniature Schnauzer called Buddy! He is my best friend, and I am currently training him to be my new running buddy. Our PDR together is…half a mile. We’re working on it!!
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
- my running shoes
- my Bible
- my iPhone
10) What’s your favourite drink?
I love water…is that weird? But I’d never ever pass up on a cappuccino!
11) Do you enjoy cooking?
Cooking yes, but baking even more so! It is my preferred form of therapy
12) Do you have children?
Yeah I do. I’ve managed to conceal it from the blog all this time. Scandalous.
13) What are your favourite hobbies?
Will Smith has got it right.
Ok, he needs to add eating, music, and sleeping to that list, but he’s got the main two covered!
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
Urgh I feel so clichéd writing it, but I’m definitely more outgoing than shy!
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
Be able to tell my left from my right without doing the ‘L’ shape with my hands. I wish I was joking, but yes I do have to do that!
16) Who is your favourite athlete?
Yup, I changed the question because I couldn’t think of my favourite actor! My favourite athlete is Paula Radcliffe. She has more spirit, resilience, and determination than anyone I know. I heard a commentator on the radio once say that her 2.15.25 marathon record is the equivalent to a men’s sub 2 marathon!! Beyond amazing.
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week?
Haha the coolest thing?! I’m really not cool. No wait scratch that, I just bought a foam roller from eBay, no less. Don’t tell me that that’s not cool.
18) Do you live near your family or far from them?
Mixed, some close, some far! Some of my family live in New York and in India though, so they’re really far away sadly!
19) List three of your talents.
- Procrastinating. All I need is internet/a book/my imagination.
- Music possibly, because I have perfect pitch, but this brings up the whole nature vs. nurture thing!
- Eating. I have actually won an eating contest before, so this is allowed to be listed as a talent!
20) What is your greatest attribute?
This is the hardest question for sure! I will say my positivity. I generally always see the good in everything. Life looks so much better through rose tinted glasses
Alrighty, I’m off to bed to catch my EIGHT hours of sleep (I’m aiming to get that every night this week!). And then eat pancakes when I wake up. Love the weekend!
Choose one of these questions to answer!
Have a great weekend friends! <3
|August 21, 2011||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Surveys|
HEY friends!! It is early Sunday morning, I’ve just got back from having a great night out, and my brain is fried. SO instead of using it I’m going to be super inventive and original and steal this survey from the gorgeous Amanda…
Three ways that I’m still a kid…
1. I get WAY too excited about everything for someone above the age of seven. Especally birthdays (12 DAYS!!) and Christmases!!
2. If I’m going to sit through a movie, the only way that will happen is if it’s a Disney one. Otherwise I drift off and think about what to have for breakfast or do I have any pudding in the house.
They seriously need to make bigger ones. It’s just plain heightist.
Three ways that I’m already old…
- I can’t think of any. I genuinely think I am a 5 year old at heart.
Acting my age as usual…
Three things that I want to do…
- Achieve all my running dreams! Including running a marathon someday!!
- Go to Stanford, become a top sports physiotherapist, and work at Nike HQ with elites like Kara Goucher to make sure they never ever get ankle sprains, shin splints or broken middle toes *cough*
- Eat pancakes tomorrow.
What pancakes to have this time…hmmm…
Three ways that I’m a stereotypical boy…
- Some of my running playlists are basically those of a teenage boy. Think Linkin Park and Lostprophets.
- I sweat as much as one when I workout. Sorry guys, but it’s true.
- I eat all. the. time. Seriously, at least every hour I have SOMETHING. (Sorry Amanda, I pretty much stole your response, but I think we’re twinnies here!! )
It’s not like I keep food in my bag at all times or anything…
Three ways that I’m a stereotypical girl…
- I love my long hair!
- I love shopping, and do it on a pretty much weekly basis.
- I spend half my money on magazines. Ok, running magazines, not Cosmo, but still!
And when I run out of money, I just read them sneakily in the store…
Three things I want to try within the next three months…
- To revamp my blog design a bit! I’m changing things slowly so no-one notices
- To RACE a race!! Dya know I’ve never actually done that? There’s always been something, like injury, that’s stopped me from actually racing! And for once, I just want to give a race my ALL!!
- To try and have just one photo where I’m not sweaty, I have my eyes OPEN, and I’m not doing the Emma Pose…
Well at least my eyes are open there!
Three of my everyday essentials…
- Running. Even when I’m not doing it, I still THINK about it every day!!
- Laughter and God and Smiles and Friends
- Chocolate and Nut Butter.
I went food shopping today, and obviously stocked on my two essentials!
Three things that scare me…
- The thought of never being able to run EVER again!! That sometimes gives me nightmares!!
- Drowning. Have I ever mentioned I can’t swim?
- My Plane Face and Plane Hair:
Go on, your turn! Give me three answers to any one of these and you get one big virtual HUG from me!
Have a BEAUTIFUL Sunday friends!! <3