Thinking Out Loud #1
|December 19, 2013||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Uncategorized|
Today I’m joining in for the first time with my good friend Amanda’s Thinking Out Loud posts! I love her, and I love these posts.
1. I’ve seen a lot of talk about a December running streak on Twitter recently, and I briefly considered joining in. Then I decided on doing a Christmas jumper streak instead. Far more festive.
Day 19 and still going strong!
2. Talking of running and streaking…
This moment was pretty much the highlight of my entire existence. Only in London.
3. I was reunited with my running family this week, and what a beautiful reunion it was! Two circuit training sessions, two runs, and a huge Christmas dinner. Perfection.
Straight from training to a Christmas dinner! And oh look, a Christmas jumper…
4. I’m guessing most people’s work Christmas parties don’t include a runway show, lentil salad canapes, and a Santa that comes round and hands out little healthy gifts? Only at Sweaty Betty…!
5. I can’t stop listening to Christmas music, all day every day, and my Christmas music playlist is 138 songs long. I think I have a problem. And my desktop background is a Christmas countdown. To say I love this time of year is a slight understatment I think.
6. You know those days when you’ve got a hard workout scheduled but you just aren’t feeling it? Well we had a 8x400m on the cards today and during the warm-up I was trying to stamp out my negative attitude, but my prayers were answered as the heavens opened and a hailstorm began! So we did an impromptu circuit training session in the changing rooms instead:) Although I still had a three mile run home after the session in the pouring rain which was great fun
Incidentally I’ve done well on the strength front this week, with two circuit training sessions and a BodyPump class on top of my runs. My muscles are sure feeling it though, gotta love those DOMS!
7. I’m drinking a hot chocolate (P.S. vegan pals I use this stuff and it is the bomb) whilst writing this post. There is nothing better than a steaming hot cocoa after a cold wet run
Tell me a random thought or something fun you’ve done this week?
Have you ever done a run streak, or would you ever do one? I’ve never done one, because it doesn’t fit in with my training plan, and I’m probably too injury prone for it to work for me anyway! But I think the motivational side of it must be pretty awesome, and I have great admiration for those who can stick it out!
How do you prepare for a hard run/workout? I try to really get myself in the right frame of mind before a workout. If I go in with a positive mental attitude, then more often than not, the workout will be a success!
Have a great day friends, and thanks Amanda for hosting! <3