Bring It On.
|January 12, 2012||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Recipes|
I have to admit, until about 10 minutes ago, I was totally freaking out. Both my exam and audition are tomorrow, and then I’ve got a very important race on Saturday. Oh yeah, and I’ve just found out that I didn’t switch my phone contracts properly, so I’m still using my old contract on my iPhone and have therefore racked up a massive bill thanks to data usage. And since today is a rest day, I can’t even sweat out my stress! So I’m turning to the next best thing to chill me out…
Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: No bake
Ingredients (16 bars)
Peanut Butter Layer
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1.5 cups finely crushed vegan cookies, e.g. graham crackers/digestives (I used Lotus caramelised biscuits, which was definitely a good choice!)
- 1 cup smooth natural/lightly salted peanut butter
- 1/2 cup non-dairy spread, softened
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons non-dairy spread
- Fleur de sel or sea salt (about 1/8t)
1. To make the peanut butter layer, mix together the cookie crumbs and powdered sugar. Then add the peanut butter, milk and softened margarine (I microwaved it for 10 seconds) and stir well. The mixture will be very thick.
2. Press into a foil-lined 9×9 square cake pan and set aside.
3. Make the chocolate layer by melting together the chocolate and margarine. Melt on the stovetop, or microwave until fully melted.
4. Spread across the peanut butter layer, and sprinkle evenly with a little dusting of fleur de sel.
5. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour, and then cut into squares.
These are practically a health food…good for your sanity
I think my panicking is mostly excitement though. I am EXCITED to rock my exam so I can achieve my dreams, I am EXCITED to show what I can do in my audition, and I am EXCITED to run my best at round two of Regionals and have the opportunity to qualify for Nationals! BRING IT ON!!
Recycled photo taken about a week after coming back from Hawaii…man I was tanned then!
What big things are going on in your life right now? Tell me about what’s stressing you out or exciting you!
Enjoy the rest of your week! <3