Lazy Mornings and Peanut Popcorn
|September 2, 2011||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Uncategorized|
Recently, I have been a bit of a lazy blob in the mornings. You see, in my normal routine, it is GO GO GO from the minute my alarm squawks (it makes a parrot sound which amuses me endlessly) and everything has to run like clockwork. However, at the moment, I don’t have to do ANYTHING really until school starts again on Tuesday. So my mornings look something like this:
Banana oatbran pudding topped with caramel pudding, dark chocolate pudding, and drippy almond butter!
3. Settle down to eat it whilst watching the World Athletics Championships on TV for an hour or three.
I actually jumped up and squealed when we won a surprise silver in the women’s 1500, and then our first GOLD in the men’s 400m hurdles!! There was almost a oatmeal disaster with it nearly ending up on the floor, but it would have been (almost) worth it.
So inspiring to watch people achieving their dreams
While watching, I made and munched on some peanut “popcorn”.
Crunchy roasted chickpeas=popcorn, right? Well I’m not sure my friends would agree, but I think they taste even BETTER
Peanut “Popcorn” (inspired by Katie)
These roasted chickpeas are a high-protein, healthy and delicious snack. They are equally yummy sweet or savory, and be warned, they are very moreish!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tsp peanut flour
- cooking spray
- stevia/sweetener (sweet version), or salt+spices (savoury version- I like a spicy version with paprika, or one with mixed spice)
1. Heat your oven to 350F, 160C. Drain and rinse your chickpeas, and pat dry.
2. In a medium sized bowl, spray your chickpeas with some cooking spray and then add in the other ingredients and stir well until the chickpeas are fully coated.
3. Spread out onto a baking tray, and bake for around 45 mins, stirring up every 15 mins or so. Keep an eye on them towards the end to prevent burning! Let cool, and ENJOY!
I made two batches, one sweet and one savoury. My momma preferred the sweet, and I weirdly preferred the savoury! TOTALLY the opposite to normal!! But they were both SO good!! Did I mention these are addictive?
All the athletics-watching/non-stop-eating prepared me well for my second team workout!!
I LOVE MY TEAM!! They are all so nice, and lie to me so nicely about hitting those 28’s, which I highly doubt! Today’s running face was definitely one of pure
Next week, the team are flying out to SPAIN to compete in the European Championships!! How awesome is THAT?! I’m hoping I can do it next year!! I think joining this team has been probably the best part of my August. It has been an AMAZING month, and I can’t wait to see what September will bring!
What has been the highlight of your August? Joining that team was #1 and Hawaii was awesome too!
What time do you normally wake up? NORMALLY I either wake up at 5.45am to get in a morning workout before classes, or 7am if not.
Got any good Friday plans? Eating birthday cake for every meal. With a piece of fruit on the side to make it healthy
Have a GREAT rest of the week friends!! <3