Q&A Round 2!
|July 17, 2011||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Q+A|
HEY friends!! I’m not actually here right now, so I’ve posted this ahead! I’m in Finland on a music tour, and I’ll be back on the 22nd. In the meantime, a Q+A post for you!!
1. Do you have certain meals and snacks that you have everyday?
Actually no! I have oatmeal most days, but not usually at the weekend. I LOVE diet variety so I might have the same meal/snack for a bit, but I love finding new foodie obsessions!
2. About how many calories do you eat in a day? Do you alter the number if you’re taking a rest day?
Here’s the truthful answer: I have no idea. I used to count every calorie, but now I don’t count a single one, or even keep track ‘vaguely’, so I genuinely have no idea! However I would shoot for 2500+ calories a day. And that is no different on rest days! On rest days your body helps repair your muscles, and so needs those calories just as much as on active days!
3. Dear Emma, you are beautiful, hilarious, inspiring, FAST & lovely (not that i’ve met you lol but you defs come across as all those things!! ) My q is: when did you become a Christian? And how does it affect your life?
Aww!! This made me so happy!! Thanks so so much!! I really became a Christian early this year. Until then, I had a ton of doubts and I wasn’t comfortable. I knew I had done SO many terrible things, and still was doing them, and I couldn’t believe that someone could know all these bad things about me and still love me despite that! It has made the BIGGEST difference to my life! Looking back I know that I could not have gotten through my depression without Him, and I know that whatever happens in my life, good or bad, He is always there for me and loves me no matter what Haha I could go on forever here!!
4. do you think a vegan diet is healthier than a non-vegan diet? is this why you are a vegan?
Nope! Please don’t any fellow vegans shoot me down for saying this, but I DON’T necessarily think a vegan diet is healthier. I DO think that a plant-based diet is the healthiest diet, but having non-vegan foods in there wouldn’t detract from this. I’m a vegan mainly for ethical reasons, and was mainly vegan pre-blogging
5. Hi Emma! I seriously love your blog, it always makes me smile My question is, how do you stay full and did you ever struggle with feeling satisfied on a vegan diet? Thanks!
Thank YOU!! Hmm, well I get hungry a LOT, and I wouldn’t really put that down to my diet, more to the exercise I do! But the things that leave me satisfied the longest are snacks+meals that combine carbs (fibre!) fats AND protein. So for example: 1/2 cup oatmeal with 2 cups soy milk with nut butter has like 19g protein, plus carbs and fats. And if I’m not satisfied, then I know my body wants more, and that’s ok too.
6. hey emma! i have recovered from my ed, but i still struggle with body image quite a lot. i was just wondering if you have this too? you always seem so positive and happy and confident on your blog!
Hey! Sorry to hear that you’re struggling! EVERYBODY has times when they tear themselves apart a bit, whether that’s telling themselves that they’re too fat/skinny, or their boobs are too small/big, or whatever, but whenever I have moments like these, and I do, I just brush them aside and tell myself how awesome I am and give myself a big HUG. I try to focus on the things I love most about my body, and then take my mind off my insecurites by doing something else, or just speaking/being with people I love. Yes, most of the time I AM positive and happy and confident, and that is because I CHOOSE to be. I CHOOSE not to dwell on the negatives. So I suggest you give yourself a big hug and tell yourself how amazing and wonderful you really are. Because it’s TRUE
So that’s it for Q+A round 2!! Feel free to ask me any more Q’s on my Formspring, or check out my Q+A page for more questions and answers!
Do you have certain meals and snacks every day?
What is your go-to meal or snack to help you stay satisfied?
What do you do when your body confidence takes a hit?
Back on Thursday!! MISS YOU GUYS!! <3