|June 18, 2011||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Friday Favourites|
HEY bloggie friends!! I am currently writing this at midnight. Not good. So I’ll make this a quick Friday Faves!
1. AWESOME Friday breakfast!! Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal:
I bought that ceramic dish specially for it from the pound store yesterday. Win win
It’s like peanut butter cookie dough cake for breakfast!! There were also a lot of extra chocolate chip casualties along the way
2. BodyBalance class!! It’s kinda like a yoga/pilates class, and it is SO fun and awesome!! (Recycled photo alert)
I actually woke up in the morning with the WORST achey, stiff legs EVER! A week of long intense cycling did it, and upping my weights in BodyPump yesterday was the final nail in the coffin. I could barely MOVE! But BodyBalance made me feel awesome! Love that class! I was actually planning on going to hot yoga for the first time, but my class was cancelled! Thankfully there’s one on Saturday night woop!
Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
(Vegan, wheat free. Makes about 10 large cookies, allowing for dough consumption of course)
These cookies are soft, peanut buttery and totally addictive. Plus, they are healthy too! Wholegrain flour, only 2 tbsp of sugar and all those healthy fats of course!
- 1 1/4 cup wholegrain spelt flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp unrefined sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (drippy is best)
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄4 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp melted vegan spread (or oil)
- Preheat your oven to 350F/175C and line a baking sheet with non-stick paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and baking soda together. Then add the sugar and salt, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients (peanut butter, agave, molasses, vanilla, melted butter) until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir. As it is almost fully combined, stir in the extra 2 tbsp of PB, but don’t stir in fully so you get extra yummy bits in the batter!
- Place large spoonfuls of the batter on the sheet, and press with a fork to give that classic PB cookie look. Bake for about 10 minutes until just golden. Let cool for 1 minute on the sheet, then remove with a spatula and place on a cooling rack. ENJOY!!
(Adapted from somewhere…I noted down the recipe but didn’t write where! Bad Emma!!)
The fam and I went out for a meal tonight to celebrate at an Indian restaurant. Here’s how I roll:
- Double Dipping. Sorry guys, but I am a double dipper. Dips to share? I don’t care. Poppadum straight in, to mouth, repeat. It grosses everyone out.
- Order a starter which really is just a small meal. Lentil patty things were SO good!!
- Then order about 10000 dishes (and bread). Wouldn’t want to miss out on any good dishes!
Not much on there? Yeah that was just my ‘sampling’ plate where I see what I like the best. I then proceeded to eat more paratha (bread), dal and more chana masala until I almost burst, but it was SO WORTH IT! Love Indian food!!
- Coerce the birthday boy into letting the restaurant do ‘The Birthday Special’ for him. This included the waiters singing 10 verses of a jazzy Happy Birthday, giving him a cool turban to wear, a special Birthday Sorbet, and forcing the whole restaurant to sing to him. Let’s just say Bro wasn’t too pleased with me…
I also solved the mystery of “The Classic Emma move”. You know, this one:
Yeah, I whipped out my camera and asked my dad to pose, and look what happened…
OH MY MUPPETS. Freaky.
Sorry guys, short and sweet post today! It’s now 1am, and I need my bed!!
What was one of your Friday Faves? Share pleeease!!
Favourite cookie? Peanut butter chocolate chip. SO adding choc chips next time to my cookies!! And obviously I channelled this love in my breakfast hehe
Are you like your parents? Me and my dad are like twinsies.
LOVE YOU GUYS have a great weekend!! <3