|June 7, 2011||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under What I...Wednesday|
HAPPY WEDNESDAY FRIENDS!! Ok, yes, half of you are probably reading this on Tuesday, because for the sake of WIAW, I have swapped the two days around. I’ve managed to convince one of my friends that the world has actually swapped the two days. Gullible people are fun!
Anyway, it’s time for my weekly contribution to Jenn @ Peas and Crayons’ party!!
What I Got So Happy About I Wanted To Cry Wednesday
This (from my Dailymile):
I KNOW you’re probably all thinking “big deal”, but I am obsessed, and last week I couldn’t even take a step without pain, so this is PROGRESS people!! Seeing ma physio on Monday, and I’m really really really hoping for good news!!
What I Ate Wednesday (nut butter edition)
- 1.5 cups (about 200g) roasted unsalted cashew nuts
- 5 large dried apricots, chopped
- Process your nuts until creamy. And I mean creamy. When it looks done, keep processing for another few minutes!
- Soak your dried apricots in boiling water for about 5 mins for easy chopping and softness, then chop into small pieces.
- Add to the blender and give a quick whizz. (I like there to be chunky bits, so I only processed for about 5 more seconds, but it’s up to you). ENJOY!!
Nanner with Dark Chocolate Dreams
Medjool dates stuffed with PB&Co Crunchy and WCW and chocolate chips.
I really think I need to increase my fat intake, because clearly I don’t get enough.
What I Worked Wednesday
It was such a good workout! Try it you guys!! Oh, and I’ve had a lot of requests to share my High Cadence Interval Workout, so here it is:
Runner’s High Cadence Interval Workout (for indoor bike)
Recommended by my physio (who is a runner and triathlete), this is great cross-training to help increase running turnover/cadence and endurance.
- 3 mins @ moderate resistance, 80-90 rpm
- 1 min @ moderate+1 resistance, 95-100 rpm
- 30 secs @ moderate+2 resistance (should be quite heavy), 100-110 rpm
- 30 secs @ same resistance, 110+ rpm
- Repeat at least 4 times.
It’s so simple, but trust me, it really gets you, especially after a couple of times! The trick is to get the right resistance- not too easy or too hard, and then you’ll get a better turnover and all those craaaazy endorphins after!
What I Read Wednesday
I may have sneaked back into the bookstore to finish reading Run Less Run Faster. I swear the guy behind the counter saw me come in and gave me the evils. He knows me too well. I hid brilliantly behind my book though and blended right in…
I know I’m glowing again. Clearly what eating a lot of nut butter does to you
What was the best thing you ate today/yesterday? I’m just gonna say nut butter for this one cos that encompasses all my eats really.
Are you someone who likes voluminous foods? YES. My bowl/plate has to be brimming always haha!
Do you have a favourite running/fitness/health/food/recipe book? This is definitely a good’un! My favourite though has to be Paula Radcliffe’s How To Run obviously, purely because I love her.
Have a happy day friends!! Love you guys!!