Thirty Day Thursday: My Day
|April 21, 2011||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Thirty Day Thursday|
Hellooo lovelies!! Loved hearing yesterday where you guys are going this summer- you DID make me jealous!!
Day 12- Bullet your whole day
Oh, and I’m on Easter break at the mo- this isn’t a ‘typical’ Thursday!
Katie’s Banana Bread in a Bowl, but the apple-cinnamon-raisin version. Yes, I’m still on that kick. Instead of banana, I used 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, a few ice cubes, 1/4 cup raisins blended in, and lots of cinnamon. DEEELISH!
- Minor Morning Disaster. Got ready to go take Buddy to the local nature park, because it was HOT and SUNNY in London today!! A first!! Since the sun had come out, I decided to break out the running sunglasses I got free at the VLM expo on Saturday. But when I say ‘break out’, I mean it…
I am SO excited to hopefully run here on Saturday!! It’s pretty hilly, but its SO gorgeous (I usually pound pavements in comparison!), and will be worth the journey and inclines!! Buddy enjoyed the sun too:
Also saw lots of Easter Egg Hunt signs; apparently there’s one on Saturday. I WILL be there and I WILL push past all the kids to find all that chocolatey goodness first. Watch out children, the Sweet Tooth Runner’s out…
- LUNCH time! Let’s just pretend I DIDN’T have a PB+apple+cinnamon sandwich with raisins on the side…
- (No)Baking time! Variety is the spice of life, which is why I then made No-Bake Apple Cinnamon Raisin energy bars…
This recipe for Homemade Clif Bars with 1/4 cup applesauce, raisins, and more cinnamon. SO QUICK and yummy!
I hit the tread, but after 2 miles I felt a few twinges in my shin, so I stopped straight away. Not worth risking it y’know? Specially since I’m starting my training plan next week, and want to be 100% okay for that
Count your blessings that that is a blurry photo and you can’t quite see how scary that face is. Endorphins make me crazy.
Found a can of this protein powder in the reduced section of a health store yesterday (£5?!), and I LOVE it!! Spriru-tein tropical:
Protein Tropical Smoothie:
- 1/2 scoop tropical protein powder
- A couple of slices of pineapple
- 1/2 cup soy yoghurt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- Ice cubes+xanthan gum to thicken
- 1 tbsp coconut butter (optional)
- Dinner time! Dinner was leftovers, because I am super lazy and making something just wasn’t an option.
The Run for Japan scheme, which I posted about here, is a worldwide initiative to get people to donate through their running mileage. I thought that by hopefully blogging about it, that even if just one person out of the few thousand read it and did it, then that would make a difference. But to know that a number of people did is just AWESOME!! Today alone, I got THREE, yes three emails from readers saying they’d donated their mileage, not to mention other comments and emails I’ve had before. Between the readers I’ve heard from, they’ve raised over £500 for Japan!! How amazing is that?! It made me SO happy!
What are some things you’ve done today?
Cardio or weights? I think weights IS cardio!! It definitely gets your heart rate up if you lift heavy anyway, and I’m really starting to enjoy it! But running has my heart, so cardio
Do you use protein powders? Do you have a fave one? My favourite is Sun Warrior but it is SO expensive, so until I win the lottery I’ll be using whatever cheaper alternatives I can! Spiru-tein seems pretty awesome anyway to be honest, so I’m not complaining!
Love you guys, have a great day!!