Feelin’ the love
|April 19, 2011||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Uncategorized|
HELLOOO friends!! Having a great day I hope!!
Today I was really feelin’ the love from everybody!
And the minute I turned on my computer, I found out I’d been awarded the Bootylicious Award by my gorgeous friend Carrie!!
1. Post this award with the picture and name whoever tagged you in it
2. Do the STUFF
3. Award to 7 others and tell them you did so!
1. Name 3 things that are lying right next to you
2. Name 2 foods you cannot live without
3. Name 1 thing you did today
1. 3 things that are next to me right now…well today I had a lot of work to do, so I’ve been glued to my desk all day…
This means I can munch away endlessly without ever having to leave my desk- WIN!
Yep, four of them! I drink a LOT of water. Actually, this totally defeats the point of the cereal, since I have to get up every few minutes to go to the loo, but whatever!
Instead of studying, I spent time playing around with the settings so I can have a proper recovery run without going too fast! Procrastination gets me every time!!
2. Two foods I can’t live without. To be honest, if you have been read my blog at least twice, I’m sure you can name a few! If you haven’t, I’ll give you a few now: chocolate, dates, peanut butter and oats. Instead, I’ll give you two of my eats today!
Perfect after my hot morning run! 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup vanilla soy milk, 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder, 1.5 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp peanut butter all stirred together and put in the fridge for at least an hour. Then I topped with another tbsp peanut butter before eating! DELISH!! And funnily enough, it combines 3 of the foods I never go a day without…!
For lunch, I tried seitan for the first time!
It is weird how much it looks, smells, and tastes like meat! SO weird, since I haven’t had meat or anything like it in years! Puts me off a bit to be honest, but it does have awesome nutritional stats:
21.3g protein per 100g?! Wowzers! Still I think the expense (almost a fiver for a small jar!!) and the meat thing means I won’t be buying it much, if at all though.
3. One thing I did today: I had a CRACKIN’ pain free run!! Got it in early, and overdressed cos the weatherman told me last night it would feel like 4C. He lied. Hello 20C. Still it was SUCH a beautiful day and I loved it!! (FYI this is my race team T-shirt from Sunday, which has the club name on it, so that weird scribble across my chest is where I’ve blanked it out because I am paranoid about internet safety, cool that I am).
So. Much. Fun!! NOT a good easy/recovery run though! ‘Recovery’ run: 4 miles, 31mins, 7.47min/mile pace. I HAVE worked out now how to set my Garmin to help me do proper easy/recovery runs! Getting injured has taught me more about the importance of them, and Paula Radcliffe talks about how important they are too in becoming a better runner and staying injury free. So I’m gonna do them, and do them properly!! Bring it ON!! (Oh, and I’ll be publishing a post soon on what I’ve learned from my injury and how I’m going to train from now on, i.e., pretty differently!)
So THANKS Carrie for the award! I’m gonna pass this on to the first seven Bootylicious bloggers who commented on yesterday’s post:
- Emily @ Sparkle and Shade, then Carrie (but obviously you’ve already done, it! )
- Ffion @ Chocolate and Raspberries
- Emma @ The Quirky Kitchen
- Jen @Pinches of Jen
- Lauren @ Run Yoga Repeat
- Hollie @ Lolz that swim(and run)
- Christina @ Move Over Celery
The lovely Eleanor did this for me! A whole box full of delicious chocolate chip cookies!
I polished off two of those bad boys straight away! Dayum they are SO DELICIOUS!!
There are sadly only two left now. Don’t ask me who ate them all, because I’ll just cry when I remember that they’re almost all gone…well at least I’ll have 9 more delicious cookies to eat instead!
*HUGS* for you all!!
What’s one thing you did today? Tell me you ate your bodyweight in chocolate too and make me feel normal!
Have you tried seitan before? Thoughts? Maybe if I try making it myself it’ll be less meat-like…?
What are you looking forward to tomorrow? Early morning spin! I’d better get to bed now then since I have to be up at 5.45am! That’s early for me, althoug
Have a great day lovelies!!