|February 26, 2011||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Uncategorized|
I started my morning restraining myself from throwing my computer across the room in frustration at all this self-hosted confusingness. It was okay, I took some time out to cool down with some comfort food…
Now you all understand and so there is no excuse not to join me in my geekiness- you know you want to really!
- 1+1/4c gram (chickpea) flour
- 1/4t salt
- 1T maple syrup
- 1c water
- 1.5t cinnamon
- 2T unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3c sultanas
- 1/4c unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C/375F and grease a pan well (I used a 9×9 square)
- Combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30-35 mins until lightly golden.
- Cut, top with whatever you want, and ENJOY!!
More chickpea and socca loveage with ANOTHER socca pizza! Yes, that is two days running!
Can’t beat it- too easy to make and too darn yummy!!
And finally, the hummus I’ve been promising since The Dawn Of Time:
Basic Hummus recipe (adapted from The Barefoot Contessa)
This is my favourite hummus recipe! I love it and it is so simple to make! If you have the time, or are slightly insane like me, shelling your chickpeas is a worthwhile task! Makes it much creamier, but isn’t necessary.
- 1 x 16 oz/240g can chickpeas, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (You can taste the garlic, so for a more subtle version just go for 1 or 2 cloves)
- 1/3 cup tahini (Note: If you aren’t a big tahini fan, then try using 1.5 tbsp tahini and 2 tbsp olive oil. Some of my testers preferred this taste-wise.)
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (approx 1 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons chickpea liquid or water (use more or less to achieve desired consistency)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or 1 tsp paprika (optional- gives more spice!)
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with more salt or spices if desired.
- Serve drizzled with olive oil, and ENJOY!!
A Puy Lentil burger (sans mayo+relish) from the Gourmet Burger Kitchen. Went out with the parentals for lunch, and I wolfed down ma burger- very yummy!
Chocolate, pizza, and a burger? The three main food groups of a healthy diet right there, right?
Tomorrow I’m going to share something quite personal to me- a project I’m working on at the moment… So stay tuned guys!!
Do you rely on comfort food in times of stress? There’s a reason I keep chocolate on me at all times you know…aside from the fact that I’m addicted, it keeps me stress free and on a constant (sugar) high!
What is one food you’ve been loving lately? Chickpeas, like every day. Chocolate, always. Do chocolate covered chickpeas exist…?
Got any good plans for the rest of the weekend? Tackling my Sunday Hills in the morning, Pancake Sunday, church, then gluing myself back to the computer to try and work out my blog issues!!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend friends!!