|February 13, 2011||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Uncategorized|
Apparently, I’m not so good in the mornings. I love them and all, but apparently my brain can’t function well…but I did learn three very important lessons today when I did my first ever super-early-pre-church workout!
1. Breakfast means getting up earlier. Especially if you want Pancake Sunday! Otherwise you’ll just have to go with the cereal+banana combo, cos that’s all you’ll have time for…
Still yummo of course, but nothing beats pancakes on Pancake Sunday.
2. Pack gym bag the night before. That way you won’t be running around in the dark throwing clothes everywhere because you can’t find the capris you live in normally…and then couldn’t find in the end anyway.
3. Don’t forget to shave your legs. Because you will be forced to wear your Nike Tempos with hairy legs…
Despite all that, I had an AMAZING workout, with the my hardest ever treadmill run! I opted for a 30 min pre-set hill session, and it was so hard that after 10 mins I had to reduce my speed to 8 min/mile!
The incline climbed up to 7% TWICE, which is way more than I’ve ever done before, and held it there for a few minutes! The second time round I almost died. It was SO awesome, and totally kicked my ass! I was dripping sweat, which combined with the Super Hairy Legs must have made for one helluva attractive sight! And I can’t wait to tackle it again next week!
I cooled down on the elliptical for a bit, then sprinted to get changed in time for church. No, I didn’t shower until after the service. So everyone hated me for that, and for *quietly* munching away during the service…
I’m one of those weird cool people that eat all the time. Even when just walking from place to place, I usually have food in my mouth. But next time I think it might be wise for me to swap the CRUNCH bar for a banana or something next time though…funnily enough eating that bar quietly wasn’t very successful…!
In other news, I USED MY FOOD PROCESSOR FOR THE FIRST TIME!! Wahoo! After about half an hour of serious confusion, I managed to work out out how to turn it on. Actually, that’s a lie. I got help, and it was as simple as screwing on the bowl properly. What can I say, I’m a bright kid.
One frozen banana, 2 tsp Dark Chocolate Dreams processed for a few mins. Bliss.
Dinner was also amazing!!
Eazy-Cheezy Scrambled Tofu
- 1/3 block firm silken tofu (I used Mori-Nu)
- A few sprays of EVOO oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1.5-2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp paprika, or spices of your choice
- Put the tofu into a small pan, and chop into small pieces. Spray tofu and pan with oil.
- Add everything else, stir, turn up onto a medium heat, and sauté for a few minutes.
This was delicious! I loved adding the paprika to give it a little kick! I also went back for more squash, and ended up eating pretty much the whole thing! And it was a big’un too! Feeling just a little over-fibred now! No regrets though…too darn YUMMY!
Are you good in the mornings? I love mornings, because it’s breakfast time (<—best time of the day!!), but my brain doesn’t actually switch on until about mid morning!
If you’re a runner, do you do hill runs? I’ve only started doing them recently, after reading how beneficial they are for your running! But up until last week I was too chicken! Hills scared me (and still do a bit! ). I now incorporate a hilly run and hill sprints into my schedule.
And what are you looking forward to this week? I’m looking forward to experimenting with my processor! A hummus recipe coming up soon! I’ll also be making my own Dark Chocolate Dreams!
Have a great week friends!!
P.S. I changed my Twitter username a fortnight ago, and forgot to mention it!! It seems to be causing some confusion still! It’s @SweetToothRunnr now for when you wanna chat