Best breakfast and running confessions
|February 5, 2011||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Uncategorized|
Breakfast. I think most of you will agree with me that this is undoubtedly the best meal of the day. I get up extra-early every day so that I can make myself a killer breakfast. Totally worth it. Especially today…
…chocolate peanut butter.
Serves 1- makes 2 small ramekins, or one large.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup milk (I used coconut)
- 1/3 cup mashed banana (just over half a large banana)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
- Preheat your oven to 350F/175C.
- Combine all ingredients except the nut butter.
- Half fill the ramekins with the oatmeal, add one tbsp of nut butter to each ramekin (if using 2 small ramekins- otherwise add it all) then put the remaining oatmeal on top.
- Bake for approx 15-18 mins, depending on your oven until done.
Unbelievably yummy. I’m even thinking of making a double chocolate one by adding cocoa powder, or maybe even a triple chocolate, with some chocolate chips thrown in there as well…mmm…
I have some confessions. Of the running variety.
1. I went a little running mad. I blame the three days off (stupid ankle). I did hill sprints in the morning, up this lovely hill…
…gotta love that incline!!
Hill sprints kick serious butt, but they are so much fun! In the afternoon, I hit up the gym, and ended up doing 5k speed intervals (1k @ near race pace, 0.25k recovery, repeat) on the treadmill. Shouldn’t really have done both, but I couldn’t help it!
2. I talk to myself out load when running. And/or sing. People hear me and give me strange looks. They think I’m mad (not to mention tone-deaf). They could be right…I don’t think sane people look like this…
If you recognise the movie from that, I applaud you. Australia! The happy reunion bit! Aaaw! I am SUCH a sucker for happy endings…especially with Hugh Jackman thrown in there!
I’ve learnt so much already about how to improve my technique, the importance of warming-up and cooling-down properly (which I’ve never really done!) and some stuff on training and racing for my 5k trial! I also took some notes… I am officially a geek, and proud of it!
Confession time for you! ‘Fess up people! Running-related or otherwise, I wanna know your confessions so I can feel better about myself!
And is breakfast your favourite meal of the day? What is your all-time favourite breakfast recipe/food? My favourite changes pretty much daily, but other than this, I would have to say chocolate pancakes (coming up tomorrow!) and breakfast cake too of course!
Have a great Sunday friends!
P.S. Tomorrow I’m announcing the winner of my international yoga giveaway! So enter now before it’s too late!!