|January 22, 2011||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Uncategorized|
Happiness comes in many forms.
Quick Oaty Breakfast Cake (based on this amazing recipe)
Serves one hungry person (me! )
- 1/4 cup (spelt) flour
- 1/8 cup quick cooking oatmeal (I used Ready-Brek)
- 1/8 cup oat bran (or flour/oatmeal etc.)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons jam/unsweetened applesauce/canned pumpkin etc. (I used fruit-sweetened strawberry jam)
- Couple of handfuls of mix-ins! I used dried blueberries and sultanas, but any dried fruit, chopped nuts, chocolate chips, etc will work!
- Grease a sandwich tin. Mix all ingredients together and pour into your tin.
- Place into an unpreheated oven at 210C for approx 15 mins, until done.
Voila! I love how quick and endlessly customisable this is! I may have to try a chocolate one soon, with cocoa powder and chocolate chips…mmm…
Happiness comes in the form of yummy food.
Happiness can come in the form of setting new PR’s in your awesome new racing shoes.
Hello average pace 7.28 min/mile!! Can’t wait to push this!
But most of all, happiness comes from the support of good friends.
Thank you all so so SO much for your beyond-wonderful comments on yesterday’s post! Seriously, they all meant so much to me! You’re all so amazing and understanding and just plain AWESOME. Big hugs to you all! And a shout out to the lovely Jessica who suggested I call this post ‘Happy’. So I did, because I am!
I. Heart. You.
And to help show you just how much, I will not only be announcing the giveaway I’ve been promising for weeks tomorrow, but I am also going to be announcing an even bigger one that I’ve sorted specially as a thank you!
So tell me some things that make you happy! Everything I’ve said above, and more!
And what is your current favourite breakfast food? My ‘always’ is oatmeal obviously, but at the moment it’s breakfast cake!! I love pancakes too. Now I’m feeling like chocolate pancakes tomorrow…mmm…pancakes…
Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!