Happy New Year!
|January 1, 2011||Posted by Sweet Tooth Runner under Uncategorized|
Happy New Year everyone! Can you believe it’s 2011?! I sure can’t!
Firstly, I want to thank you for your lovely comments, emails, and great suggestions for my blog. So, coming up soon:
- More vegan recipes
- Reviews of exercise classes
- Strength training workouts
- Yoga (exercises, stretches, etc.)
- An FAQ page
- Running tips and posts
I’m so excited about these! I have some great ideas lined up, and if you have any more suggestions, keep ‘em coming and I’ll add them to the list!
Emma. Loves. Twiglets. And so does Buddy apparently! Great minds think alike…
I woke up today, feeling a little queasy. Late night + (WAY) too much food is not the best of combinations! Nevertheless, I laced up my new running shoes (I had to test them out! )…
…and headed out on a run!
Haha this was a pretty eventful run!
- My stomach did not feel good at all from the outset, and I was almost sick! I felt better though as I went along.
- I did my usual 5 mile route, in which I run through a posh private estate. As I was leaving the estate, I saw the exit was blocked by five, yes FIVE, police cars! Two policemen stopped me, and asked me a number of questions, like who was I, and how old I was. Then they just said “Go”, and I went on my way! Weird, right! I wonder what had happened…!
- It also started raining pretty heavily on the last half a mile, so I sprinted my way home, and died.
My average pace for the last mile was 7.40! Haha!
I made mine with pumpkin, raisins, vanilla extract, cinnamon and mixed spice. Delicious! I had 3/4 of the pizzert (not just that measly slice!) and the rest later as a snack.
I also did my annual Start-Of-The-Year detox. This is not a detox in the traditional sense (diet related), but an organisation one! I cleared my desk and wardrobe, and filled three sacks full of unwanted things to take to charity!
Do you do a detox (in my sense or in the traditional sense!) after the holiday period? Personally, I don’t do a food detox- I just return to my normal eating habits, but I do think the concept of detoxing is great! And to runners out there, what is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you on a run?
Happy 2011 everyone!